We are so excited to announce that we are doing a great cosplay contest hosted by Retro Con this year! Sign up in person from 3 pm to 5 pm on Saturday June 22nd behind registration, at a table in between raffles and merch. The cosplay contest will take place on Saturday June 22 at 5:00-7:30 pm on the Main Stage at TooManyGames.
We have two great hosts and three awesome judges lined up for the event. Read more about them:
Host – Rosemary Ward AKA Retro Screamer
A fanatic of retro culture since the 1970’s (before it was retro), Rosemary Ward AKA Retro Screamer is a life-long collector, a costume enthusiast, and a DeLorean owner. She transformed her love of the past into a convention called Retro Con. You might catch her at TooManyGames playing Freeway for Atari 2600.
Host – The Smoke – TV host from SyFy’s Heroes of Cosplay
In 2014, The Smoke became a household name in the world of cosplay when he hosted the Syfy channel’s series, Heroes of Cosplay. His massive physique, cool demeanor, and confident style have led him to be a host for other panel events for celebrities.The Smoke was also included in projects highlighting in the world of comic books for Big City Comics Studios, DC Comics as Freight Train, and currently appearing in George Perez’s, Sirens as well as the films, The Surge of Power and JUN, The Spawn Fan-film, “Choices” and appearing on AMC’s Comic Book Men.
Judge – Amber / Ayame
My name is Amber and I am an artist/cosplayer as well as a mom of 3. I enjoy video games and dream of visiting Japan one day.
Judge – Sean Meehan
Sean is a self proclaimed “Questionable Panelist” who loves to entertain in any form at any con. He is best known as a versatile panelist and the current World Geekdom Champion.
Judge – Bluegrayemma
Bluegrayemma, (Emma) comes from a family of nerds and has been cosplaying since 2014, making cosplays since 2016 and judging, running or competing in cosplay contests since 2017. She specializes in armor and is excited to see the cosplays coming to Too Many Games!
Please make sure you review the following rules before signing up to be a participant in the cosplay contest.
- One costume entry per person
- All contests must fill out an entry form AND have a badge to TooManyGames.
- No contestants will be allowed to enter after the 5 p.m start of show.
- A parent or guardian must accompany all youth in the “16 and under” category for the entirety of the show.
- Please keep it PG-13. This is a family friendly convention. No Nudity, Profanity, or otherwise inappropriate behavior.
- Contestants must abide by all rules, including the TooManyGames Harassment Policy and the Cosplay Weapon Rules
- Quality: (40%) Is it handmade or store bought? Did you compile your costume from different items? What is the quality of craftsmanship for each item? How creative are the materials that you are using if the costume is handmade?
- Accuracy: (40%) How accurate is your costume (including hair, make-up, etc) to the character you are cosplaying for?
- Presentation: (20%) How much can you act like the person you are cosplaying? Body motions, phrases, etc.
Each category will be rated on a 100 point scale, 40 points available for quality, 40 points available for accuracy, and 20 points available for presentation.
2019 TooManyGames Harassment Policy
TooManyGames is dedicated to providing a harassment-free convention experience for everyone, regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age or religion. We do not tolerate harassment of convention participants in any form. Convention participants violating these rules may be sanctioned or expelled from the convention (without a refund) at the discretion of the convention organizers.
Harassment includes, but is not limited to:
- Harassment includes, but is not limited to:
- Verbal comments that reinforce social structures of domination related to gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, or religion.
- Sexual images in public spaces
- Deliberate intimidation, stalking, or following
- Harassing photography or recording
- Sustained disruption of talks or other events
- Inappropriate physical contact
- Unwelcome sexual attention
- Advocating for, or encouraging, any of the above behavior
2019 Cosplay Weapon Rules
- No Live Steel – including swords, bayonets, and knives (sheathed or not), star knives, metal armor, any objects made of metal that have an edge (sharp or not)
- No Projectile Weapons of any kind – including but not limited to – airsoft guns, bb guns, pellet guns, crossbows, dart guns, blowguns, water guns, pistols, stun guns, and tasers. Exception to the rule is guns with an orange non removable tip and if they have no movable parts.
- No Real Bows or authentic arrows
- No Nunchaku – of any kind will be permitted. A nunchaku is defined as two sticks with a short chain or rope in between.
- No explosives or chemicals – of any kind including, but not limited to: sparklers, smoke powder or fireworks.
- If the item is illegal in the State of Pennsylvania, it is illegal inside of the Greater Philadelphia Expo Center.
- If you have any questions about our weapons policy, please email [email protected].